The Babyn Yar Holocaust Memorial invites you to an online panel discussion on “The Future of Holocaust Museums” on Tuesday, October 26, 2021, 4 p.m. CEST (Warsaw) / 5 p.m. EEST (Kiev/Israel) / 10 a.m. EDT (Washington).
The panel consists of four outstanding speakers from the world’s leading Holocaust memorials:
– Piotr Cywinski, Director of the Auschwitz-Birkenau Museum;
– Dani Dayan, Chairman of Yad Vashem, the World Holocaust Remembrance Center;
– Adam Kerpel-Fronius, Project Manager European Sites of Remembrance of the Berlin Memorial;
– Paul Shapiro,Director of International Affairs at the U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum.
The discussion will be chaired by prof. Dariusz Stola, former director of the POLIN Museum in Warsaw, the panel will discuss the future of Holocaust commemoration and education in face of generational and technology changes. The panel will discuss the future of Holocaust remembrance and Holocaust education in the face of generational and technological change.
- How do they affect the memory landscape and how the Holocaust museums can respond?
- What lessons can we draw from the recent developments in this field to better prepare for the near future?
To participate in this online discussion, please register at https://forms.gle/P1MiPd1uouPdH5VJ8.
The discussion will also be broadcast as a live stream on our Facebook page.