The Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe has been open to the public since 12 May 2005. Since that time hundreds of thousands of persons have visited the Field of Stelae and some 165,000 have come to the Information Centre. On the basis of experience over the past several months of operation, we would like to announce the following changes, effective 1 September 2005:
- From September 2005, the Information Centre will be closed on Mondays, effective beginning Monday, 5 September.
- On 31 August 2005, the provisional cloakroom container will be dismantled and discontinued. From that day on, the cloakroom in the Information Centre will be operational. The security check for visitors and their bags will be at the entrance to the Information Centre.
- From 1 September 2005, the visitor hotline is the following number: +49 (0)30 / 26 39 43 36.
- The public guided tours that were started in July 2005 have been well-received, and their number will now be increased. Please note the changed times!
- Public guided tour (German language): Sat/Sun 10:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Public guided tour (English language) Sun 4:00 p.m.
- Increases in Fees:
1. Group tour Model I
Survey tour of the Field of Stelae and the Information Centre approx. 90 min Per group (max. 20 persons): 45.00 Euros and 35.00 Euros (reduced rate)
2. Group tour Model II
Survey tour of the Field of Stelae and the Information Centre and follow-up discussion approx. 180 min Per group (max. 15 persons): 55.00 Euros and 45.00 Euros (reduced rate )
3. Public guided tour (in German and English)
Survey tour of the Field of Stelae and the Information Centre Approx. 90 min Per person (max. 25 persons): 3.00 Euros and 1.50 Euros (reduced rate)
4. Use of audio guides Per person: 3.00 Euros and 1.50 Euros (reduced rate)
Further information can be obtained from www.stiftung-denkmal.de or by phoning the visitor hotline.