The National Socialist »Euthanasia« Killings – An online and travelling exhibition

The online and travelling exhibition to the Memorial and Information Point for the Victims of National Socialist »Euthanasia« Killings provides more information on the history and implementation as well as the effects of the NS »Euthanasia« killings.

After 1945, knowledge of the suffering and death of the victims was suppressed. Only since the 1980s have a plaque and a Richard Serra sculpture at this historical site commemorated the patients murdered in institutional settings. In 2007, Berlin citizens began to campaign for an appropriate memorial site. The German parliament granted this wish in November 2011. The state of Berlin handed the memorial and information point over to the public in 2014 after having offered a design competition.

From 1940 to 1945, this Place of remembrance, was the location of the headquarters for the National Socialists' mass murder of people with mental disabilities or illnesses. The organisation was housed in a villa in Tiergartenstrasse 4. The crimes planned here were called »Aktion T4« after this address.

The Memorial and Information Point for the Victims of National Socialist »Euthanasia« Killings and the open air exhibition are accessible without barriers.

Opening Times: The memorial is accessible 24 hours a day.